Kim Garner is Managing Director for Australasia, responsible for FedEx operations in Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and the Pacific Islands.
Kim has worked in the transport industry since 1974 and has held management roles in a variety of fleet management, information technology, logistics and operations roles with Ansett, TNT, Brambles and FedEx.
Originally from Victoria, Kim has lived in Sydney since 1984. Prior to joining FedEx in 1999, he worked in
- Fleet management roles with Ansett Pioneer and TNT,
- Development and implementation of Unix based computer systems with TNT,
- Operations Management and Logistics Management with TNT,
- Operations Management and Logistics Management with Brambles, and
- Contract Management in the FMCG Industry.
Kim joined FedEx in 1999 as Senior Manager, Operations, responsible for courier operations, airport operations, domestic linehaul, international linehaul, and gateway operations. From 2007 until 2010 he was responsible for business improvement initiatives in Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand, and while in this role, also spent time in Indonesia, Vietnam, China, South Korea and Japan. He was appointed into his current role in December 2010.
Kim has the following tertiary qualifications:
- MBA, University of Sydney.
- Bachelor of Business, University of Technology, Sydney.
- CPA, Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants.
He is married, and has two sons.